Sunday, December 7, 2008

Shariff Simmons



This past week I had the privilege to photograph an amazing man, an amazing talent. Few who meet Shariff aren't completely blown away by his charisma and intellect. I think that it is rare in life to meet someone who is so inspiring, so profound and so genuine.. and I consider myself fortunate to have been able to work with him on his new album, "American Music" (which will be released in January 09). 

For the photoshoot, we had access to several hundred vintage cars.. Sharrif and I chose a red 1931 LaSalle Convertible... it was amazing! For the image above, we put all of the guys that played on the album in the convertible and I got on a lift about 20 feet up to photograph.  Although I am nowhere near done with his album layout, here are a few working shots for the cover and insert... Hope you like!

For more on Shariff, check out:

http://www.myspace.com/shariffsimmons

J Shouse Photojournalism on Facebook!